Grey Eagle

Small Town with a Big Heart

 What are the City Hall office hours?

City Hall Office Hours:

Monday - Friday 8:00am - 2:00pm or by appointment

 ACH Payment of City Utility Bill

We offer City residents the option of signing up for ACH payment of utility bills. Simply fill out the attached ACH Authorization form and return it to City Hall along with a copy of a voided check. Once the information is provided, ACH deductions will begin with the next billing cycle. There is no fee to residents for the use of this service. Please note that three insufficient funds transactions will result in no longer being having use of this service. Any fees resulting in an insufficient funds ACH transaction will be added to your utility bill. For more information, please contact City Hall.

 Can I pay my utility bill online?

We have the ability for residents to pay their utility bills online.  Simply go to where it will bring you to the member login or member registration page.  If you have not registered before, you will go to the Member Registration side.  You will need to contact City Hall to obtain the Municipality Code before you can register.  Once you have the Municipality Code, you will continue with the registration process using the information as it shows on your utility bill.  Please note that you will be charged a fee to use this service.  The fee collected is NOT charged by the City but by the company who is offering the online payment service.

 Are Building Permits Required in the City and what items require a building permit?

Building permits are required for anything new added to the exterior of your property.  This would include any storage sheds that are moved in or temporary, fences, paving or cementing a gravel driveway, patios, decks, etc.  Building permits are also required if you are replacing windows or doors that are larger than what was originally installed.  Building permits are NOT required for replacing siding or shingles as long as there is no new added structures at the time they are being replaced such as awnings, etc.

 Can I use City picnic shelter for my family gathering?

The City picnic shelter is available for use for area residents.  The picnic shelter is located in the park by the tennis courts, and has an attached kitchen.  Residents are asked to call City Hall to reserve the picnic shelter for dates.  Use of the kitchen is available, however there is a $25 fee.  Those using the picnic shelter are asked to clean up before you leave and report any issues to City Hall.

 I have an issue that needs to be discussed with the City Council. What is the process to do so?

All City Council meetings are open to the public.  However, if you have a specific item that needs to be addressed, you would need to be placed on the agenda for an upcoming meeting.  You would need to contact City Hall, giving your name and the agenda item you wish to discuss.  You will be asked to provide any supporting information that may be beneficial in helping the Council reach a decision. 

 I'm a City resident. Where can I dispose of my leaves, brush and garden debris?

The City of Grey Eagle has a site outside of City limits where the wastewater ponds are located.  Residents are asked to contact City Hall to make arrangements for access as the gate is locked.  Items that can be disposed of are limited to grass clippings, leaves, brush and garden debris.

 What are the requirements for keeping pets in the City?

Dog licenses are required for all dogs residing in city limits for more than 30 days.  Licenses are good for 2 years and cost $5.  A copy of a current rabies vaccination certificate will be required prior to issuance of a dog license.

Only two dogs per household is allowed by ordinance.

Dogs are required to be confined to owner's property or on a leash at all times and under owner's control.  

Cats are not regulated by City Ordinance.  However cat owners are asked to keep your pet contained to your property.  

 When are City Council Meetings held?

City Council meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m, in Council Chambers, located at 202 Woodman Street South in Grey Eagle.  Council meetings are open to the public. 

 Where can I absentee vote?

You will need to go to the Todd County Auditor's Office to obtain information regarding absentee voting.  The City of Grey Eagle does not administer absentee ballots.

 Where do I go to vote?

All residents living in the City of Grey Eagle will vote at the Fire Hall, located at 202 Woodman Street South.